Sunday 04 Nov 2012 - Gwynedd

The heroes of The Coastguard are the kingdom's last, best hope against the undead hordes!
Edwyn's occasional D&D 3.5 campaign set in the Principality of Gwynedd, in the mythical world of the North Kingdom.
Lewis
Epic Level 25
Location: Secret Lair, in a cavern somewhere beneath Telford.

Sunday 04 Nov 2012 - Gwynedd

Postby Lewis » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:22 pm

Edwyn is keen to continue GMing Heroes of Gwynedd as a single session for this break week - assume that's OK with y'all?

Ant - are you doing a new character in advance? Or do you want to keep Balena Mardok as a Tiefling but ret-con the character class to something more useful?

Is anyone new joining us, e.g. Mark? If so can either generate a character in advance, or we can do one on the night.

For the restrictions on characters, see the thread on Campaign Basics in this forum.

Playing: Telford: Dark Heresy.
Running: Cannock: Legends of Corwyn/D&D, Telford: Forgotten Realms: Heroes of Faerûn/D&D.
Prepping: Chill (modern day horror) Tales From The Loop (1980s sci-fi/horror)

Varlician

Re: Sunday 04 Nov 2012 - Gwynedd

Postby Varlician » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:51 pm

I'll make up a new tiefling for tomorrow (or just a completely different character, possibly an elf), but right now i'm in agony with my neck and shoulder and will have to see how i am tomorrow, before i make a decision about the club.

Could you just do a quick run-down of what classes the party already has please?

Lewis
Epic Level 25
Location: Secret Lair, in a cavern somewhere beneath Telford.

Re: Sunday 04 Nov 2012 - Gwynedd

Postby Lewis » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:25 am

Ed has just confirmed that he's keen to get elves in the group, so they get a 33-point build, instead of 32. (See DMG p169). Elves may also get some sort of unspecified social benefit, later in the campaign (apparently). We're checking Colin's character Tharimor, to see if he's due an extra point, as I can't remember if I included that when I created the character for him.

Current character classes:

Ranger
    Sorcerer
    Fighter
    Cleric (of Pelor)
    Cleric's Butler

(OK, OK, I'll admit it, I'm a Rogue... but a nice, helpful sort of Rogue, honest. You ain't seen me, right?)

Plus whatever Ant makes up (a Tiefling something or other) and whatever Mark creates.

Character Generation

Experience: New PCs start at the begining of Second Level (1000 XP). Those with a Level Adjustment (such as Planetouched) have one character level in their chosen class.

Ability Scores: 32-point build for a High Powered campaign (see DMG p169). This is increased to 33 points for Elves or Half-Elves (i.e. for Elf Blood).

Alignment: (i) No Evil. (ii) No Lawful, except where Lawful ALignment is a requirement for a class such as a Paladin or a Monk.

Races: Any from WotC D&D v3.5 PHB (others by agreement with Edwyn)

Classes: Any from core WotC D&D v3.5 books or PHB2 (others by agreement with Edwyn)

Hit Points: Assign maximum HP at both L1 and L2 (the game is expected to be slightly tougher than Corwyn).

Equipment: Use the starting packages from the class description. Each PC can make one of the weapons a masterwork weapon and also one suit of armor or a shield may be masterworked. Alternatively, either masterworked item may be substituted by an item of similar value, e.g. masterwork thieves’ tools for a rogue, or a familiar for an arcane spellcaster.

Playing: Telford: Dark Heresy.
Running: Cannock: Legends of Corwyn/D&D, Telford: Forgotten Realms: Heroes of Faerûn/D&D.
Prepping: Chill (modern day horror) Tales From The Loop (1980s sci-fi/horror)

Return to “Heroes of Gwynedd”