Next Cycle of weeks

Lewis
Epic Level 25
Location: Secret Lair, in a cavern somewhere beneath Telford.

Next Cycle of weeks

Postby Lewis » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:46 am

Antonio - sorry, Edwyn's decided to jump ship to Ant's 3.5 game. I feel I should stay with him, so that's me out too. Apologies, and this is no reflection on the quality of the game, which I was enjoying very much (even if I did get disolved by a Dragon!).

Playing: Telford: Dark Heresy.
Running: Cannock: Legends of Corwyn/D&D, Telford: Forgotten Realms: Heroes of Faerûn/D&D.
Prepping: Chill (modern day horror) Tales From The Loop (1980s sci-fi/horror)

Mark
Level 4

Re: Next Cycle of weeks

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Antonio, I checked the games list on Sunday and there's every possibility that we'll be more than 2 players down.
There seem to be a couple of exisiting campaigns running in the next set that quite a few of the DL players have characters in.

I think Jez said he's in 3 campaigns that'll be running in the next set and Josh and Colin both have characters also in other campaigns.

Whether or not they continue in these campaigns or DL i'm not sure but we could be in a situation where it's just Sturm and Carramon, who although are awesome may struggle a little on their own.

In which case I suggest we pick a different date when more players are available.

rabindranath72
Level 5

Postby rabindranath72 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi,
thanks for the heads up. I am sorry to hear Edwyn doesn't want to go on with the Dragonlance game; I realise it wasn't very kid's friendly :(
If we are down more than two players it could be problematic. Going down to only two...it probably wouldn't be feasible at all, at least if we want to keep the current stable of characters.
I am not sure I can make it to the club next Sunday; if I won't be there, could one of you poll the others w.r.t their intention? I might propose something else for other players.

Thanks,
Antonio

Mark
Level 4

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:29 am

Hi Antonio,

I asked around last night and Colin is in another game with his young lad So DL would be 3 down.
Not wanting to be without a game and figuring the DL players are dropping like flies I quickly put my name down for WFRP. Which luckily is a game I've wanted to try for awhile. Jez who already has a character in the WFRP campaign has also put his name on the list.

That leaves Josh and Stephen, neither of which gave any indication of what they are planning to do.

There's a few other players not yet signed up for a game so there's likely to be players free if you fancy running something different, or even if you want to play, I believe there's likely to be 2 new attendee's who both GM.

As Lewis said this is in no reflection of your game, which I really enjoyed. Sorry if this causes you any inconvenience, hopefully we'll be able to pick up DL in the near future.

rabindranath72
Level 5

Postby rabindranath72 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:32 am

Hi Mark,
first of all, thank you for the time and effort to ask around; it's much appreciated. Also thank you for the kind words. It's not much of an incovenience, though I admit I didn't expect such a drop out; I suppose that's the nature of club gaming. I hope there will be enough interest to pick up the campaign at a later date.
Funny you mention WFRP, it was one of the options I was thinking about as a replacement for the Dragonlance game :)

ColinBuckler
Level 20

Postby ColinBuckler » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:13 am

Hi Antonio,

Sorry I haven't had chance to reply - been on holiday and had limited internet access.

Firstly, I have been reallty enjoying Dragonlance and do wish to continue playing in - like everybody else in the game, though I suspect there is not enough combat for Ed. Since you were last at the club my youngest has started playing (Matt is 9) along side both myself and my other son (Sam is 11), so I need to guide him otherwise he will become bored, restless and cause mayham in any game he is in. Due to this fact I will need to drop out or include him in Dragonlance - though there may not be enough combat to interest him as its mainly character interactive.

The other problem being is other games clashing at the club - I know for one that Jeremy is in potntially several games at the same time. Games do get played - probably the best example of this is Blacksands 1 run by Tiddy - we seem to get a session in about once a year (mainly due to most ofthe popular GM's being in the game), so we should look at rescheduling the game again maybe giving a bit more notice as I know peopel are already talking about the next gaming session after the one starting in a couple of weeks.
Colin Buckler
Committee Member

Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be.
Rush - Losing It

rabindranath72
Level 5

Postby rabindranath72 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi Colin,
thanks for the comments.
There is no problem including your sons in the Dragonlance game; if they want more combat, it can be (subtly) accommodated (same goes for Edwyn) :)
Also, if they want to create new PCs from scratch, that's OK too (same for the existing players if they want to change characters; for example if Edwyn would be happier playing something else, that can be definitely accommodated.)

I can give my availability to DM Dragonlance from the next-next game slot, but is there a way to track these advance plans?

Cheers,
Antonio

Varlician

Postby Varlician » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:06 pm

I believe Colin updates the forums every break week (Or just before) to reflect the upcoming games in the next block - however i'm sure you wishing to run Dragonlance in the set after this new one coming up, can be noted and booked in advance and we just need to make sure people are aware of it before they sign up for other things.

The main problem as stated somewhere else i've read on the forums today, is that there are now so many ongoing campaigns, that some of the pre-existing campaigns are only being played perhaps once a year.
I know my campaign other long working campaign, originally started out at the club, but has ended up having to move to a night at someone's house for all the players involved, so that we can get to play it as there is just never chance to fit it in at the club anymore AND it has been going for so long, fitting new players into it is difficult because of how much history is involved with it.

In that campaign though, i've had Colin and Jerry as consistant players from the very start, but many players have been hopping in and out along the way and i think this is just the way of club gaming - you end up having to work around it.

My new campaign, i want to be able to run it on a semi-regular basis, but i'm also aware im likely to get players dropping in and out (though i'd like to try and avoid that wherever possible), so the chances are i'll perhaps get to run it once every 3 sets of game cycles (And even then i'll be lucky to fit in.)

Return to “Dragonlance”