Game idea.

Jester
Level 9

Game idea.

Postby Jester » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:32 pm

I had a idea, while I was off in sunny Wales, I would like to run an 1890's cthulhu game, set in Africa. I only want 6 players max, and new characters, so no pre made existing characters I would like a level playing field. I would like to run the game in the next set. I would like players that are all about the character and spend less time juggling rules, so a character concept and history would be a must.
If all about you are losing their heads.... maybe your the one holding the axe!!

Lewis
Epic Level 25
Location: Secret Lair, in a cavern somewhere beneath Telford.

Re: Game idea.

Postby Lewis » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:26 am

Great idea. Alan Quartermain! Professor Challenger! I guess the touchstone would be "She" by Haggard?

Can I also recommend some of the stories in an anthology called "Shadows over Baker Street"?

The trick with such campaigns is to avoid it turning into parody (unless that's what you want) as most players will have relatively little knowledge of the period and setting apart from a small number of movies. And I say this as someone who saw a "Space 1889" campaign turn into "Cary On Up The Khyber On Mars". :(

Playing: Telford: Star Wars.
Running: Cannock: Legends of Corwyn/D&D, Telford: Forgotten Realms: Heroes of Faerûn/D&D.
Prepping: Spycraft: Deniables

Return to “RPG General Discussion”