Anyone played "The Laundry" RPG

Mark
Level 4

Anyone played "The Laundry" RPG

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Its not about doing the washing it is however a game based on The Laundry Series by Charles Stross.
The setting is a covert occult British intelligence agency dedicated to dealing with things that come through from Other Places, usually with tentacles and a thirst for blood.

Dealing with elder gods (there is a cthulhu mythos connection) and the great British Bureaucracy, it would appear to be a game all about red tape and tentacles.

Anyone ever played it? heard of it?

Lewis
Epic Level 25
Location: Secret Lair, in a cavern somewhere beneath Telford.

Re: Anyone played "The Laundry" RPG

Postby Lewis » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:29 pm

Mmmm... tape and tentacles... reminds me of a visit to Tokyo, where... err... never mind. :oops:

Anyway, I haven't played this (and amazingly, I don't own a copy) but it has been recommended to me before. I'd certainly be keen to give it a try.

Cheers.

Playing: Telford: Dark Heresy.
Running: Cannock: Legends of Corwyn/D&D, Telford: Forgotten Realms: Heroes of Faerûn/D&D.
Prepping: Chill (modern day horror) Tales From The Loop (1980s sci-fi/horror)

Mark
Level 4

Re: Anyone played "The Laundry" RPG

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 pm

Right then I'll pick up a copy.

I was looking at a superhero RPG on amazon aswell, Squadron UK - got some really good reviews. It's suppose to be really quick character gen and a very comic book style approach to combat.

I've got a gift voucher as a leaving present so thinking of picking up a couple of new games.

Return to “RPG General Discussion”