Ironclaw.....Discovering your world

Lewis
Epic Level 25
Location: Secret Lair, in a cavern somewhere beneath Telford.

Re: SPYCRAFT: 1960's

Postby Lewis » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Few points -

(1) I'm having problems printing, so if someone can bring a few first edition Spycraft character/agent sheets, that's good.

(2) Time/setting is 1960's Cold War.

(3) Your agency is the British SIS (a.k.a. MI-6)

(4) Mission is covert infiltration/exfiltration across the IGB into/out of DDK (East Germany) to photograph/investigate a suspicious complex. Emphasis is on subtlety and stealth and NOT getting caught by Stasi, KGB, GRU, Border Guards, Polizie, informants (1 in 40 of the East German population), guard dogs, etc.

(5) Basic kit is provided. You can use BP, GP to purchase kit/gadgets but be aware you will have to pose undercover as East Geman citizens and pass police checks etc, so any weapons or gadgets that compromise your cover as humble steel workers will be counter-productive.

(6) The rules changes noted in the 1960's Decade Book are in force, e.g. there is no "Snoop" base class (it is replaced with "Wire"). Obviously there is no internet or mobile phones, etc. Germany is still divided, the Soviet Union still exists, as does the Berlin Wall.

(7) Agents must be able to speak fluent German and have Knowledge of Germany (preferably East Germany). They must have a suitable appearance (i.e. be of European descent). They should have ranks in either Mechanic, Craft: Steelworking or Profession: Steelworker. As usual Profession: Espionage is also useful. Skill Ranks or feats covering the following will also be useful: Bluff, Disguise, Move Silently, Hide, Russian Language, Martial Arts, Cultures, Photography, Surveillance, Spot, Search.

Playing: Telford: Dark Heresy.
Running: Cannock: Legends of Corwyn/D&D, Telford: Forgotten Realms: Heroes of Faerûn/D&D.
Prepping: Chill (modern day horror) Tales From The Loop (1980s sci-fi/horror)

Lewis
Epic Level 25

Re: Ironclaw/Spycaft group - I'm ill

Postby Lewis » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:57 pm

I seem to have caught Tom's cold & sore throat, so not sure if I can make it on Sunday yet... watch this space, and I'll post updates.

Obviously, if I can't make it, then Ed won't be there for SAVAGE WORLDS either.

Sorry <sniffle>

Running: Cannock: Legends of Corwyn/D&D, Telford: Forgotten Realms: Heroes of Faerûn/D&D.

Lewis
Epic Level 25

Re: Ironclaw/Spycaft group - I'm ill

Postby Lewis » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Sorry, I'm way too ill to be driving over on Sunday 10 Feb - so there will be no Spycraft. Please play boardgames or make other arrangements amongst yourselves.

:(

roleplaysucks
Level 11

Re: Ironclaw.....Discovering your world

Postby roleplaysucks » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Well i think that went rather well!

Sorry for only a three week session of Ironclaw, but i got you guys just where i wanted you.

Have a little think, what has the two years done to your character.

You are well looked after, you can train in any career you wish and you will start the next part of the adventure with a best (non-magical) equipment you can carry!

But how has the events in Eastbook affected you??

Are you driven to become a powerful elementalist, hoping to unlock the secrets of the collapsed mountain??
Do you strive to become the greatest warrior the kingdom has ever seen, hopeing that martial prowess will solve the mysterm of the disappearing town??
Have you lost your way, living a life of violence and theivery on the dingey back streets of the capital??

Next time we play. I want to answer those questions!
"Dont mess with Roleplaysucks, he's a lunatic!!" - Megatron
"Roleplaysucks beat me in a tiddly-winks game once....true bass ass!!"- Batman
"Even I'm scared of Roleplaysucks!!" - Chuck Norris

Return to “RPG General Discussion”